Code of Conduct - Members
Every member of the Independence for Scotland Party is required to abide by the Party’s Code of Conduct
Members Code of Conduct
- Every member will abide by the party’s policy and its Constitution, Rules and Standing Orders.
- A member shall not disavow the aims of the Party in whole or in party.
- Members shall respect each other’s good faith in endorsing the Party’s aims.
- No member shall discriminate against another member on grounds of: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.
- No member shall abuse or defame any other member whether via the media or otherwise.
- No member shall be a member of any organisation contesting elections in opposition to the Party or announce an intention to join any such organisation.
- No member shall make a statement on behalf of their branch without the authority of the branch nor make any such statement that he/she knows or ought to know does not properly reflect the position of the branch in question.
- All members will respect the internal confidentiality of Office Bearer reports to the Party and of papers issued only within the Party except insofar as these have been put into the public domain by or with the authority of the Party Executive Committee.
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in the candidate being removed from standing as an ISP candidate. This sanction is available to the Executive Committee.